This is Advanced Computer Application to Graphic Design course! A class with the purpose of introducing the design concepts and skills required to develop interactive content for the screen-based media. This class will focus primarily on the merging of aesthetics and functionality in interface design, designing information architecture, and designing for a satisfactory user experience.
I will be encouraging you to work both individually and in groups during the semester on various projects, across various applications. However, the course remains focused upon understanding and the application of basic conceptual and design skills. I intend to provide these required skills to you, in informative, fun, and creative ways!
Please check out and use the links on the right column☞ for help and inspiration!
- Reading Assignment this weekend: UI Design Basics Visual Design, please put down your reading notes on your journal.
- Download: Exercise file
- Inputting footage from Ai & Ps
- AE interface
- Path editing
- Graph editor
- Loop gif
- Keywords for tutorials: after effects move on a path, bouncing ball, looping gif
- Create an animated type poster by the end of Wed class/Jan 15, you may post it on your Instagram and tag me @yvecao, or submit it in Exercise folder on TCUOnline.
- 2-3 app ideas/flow maps due on Mon/Jan 15, be ready to show 3-5 inspirational journal entries or apps on your phone
- One app final idea—Design brief due on Mon/ 01/20, be ready to discuss thumbnails and inspirations on your journal