App inspiration of today
Any problems submitting your Animated Type Poster?
- Masking Shapes Demo—Trkmat, Bezier Path, Parent
- Morphing—Shape Layer, Rotation
Work in Class:
Please Animate one of your logo—due at the end of this class, you may post it on your instagram @ me or submit via TCU Online
- Separate logo layers in illustrator
- Use anchor point/scale/position/opacity/ rotation/ mask/ morphing in AE to animate your logo
- Don’t forget to turn on your Sunshine *
- Save it for Instagram
- Creative Brief
- App names
- Logo Drafts
- 8-10 Screen plans
Due on Monday 01/27:
- Finalized name and logo design
- 2-3 UI styles for the 1st & 2nd screens (Sketch or XD)
- at least 7 screens developed for progress critique—Monday 02/03
- 8 screens poster (digital) Presentation—Monday 02/10
- poster printed and mounted is due—Wednesday 02/12
- DSVC submission—Friday 02/15
- Download Uber and Foursquare in the App store
- Discussion: Visual Design, please reflect on your journal later
- Weekend Reading assignment: iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- After Effects Recap
- Discussion: Uber & Foursquare
- Work in class today—Type animation, please keyframe position, rotation, scale, opacity and make it fun? It’s due at the end of class today.
- Individual consultation today—What’s your app ideas? 2-3 app ideas, be ready to show 3-5 inspirational journal entries or apps on your phone, popular apps, work sample
8. Due Wed 01/22
- One final app idea—Design brief, app name, and logo drafts are due
- Be ready to discuss thumbnails and plan for all 8-10 screens (Sketches on paper)
- Logo Animation Exercise—Please bring a logo you designed to work in the next class
This is Advanced Computer Application to Graphic Design course! A class with the purpose of introducing the design concepts and skills required to develop interactive content for the screen-based media. This class will focus primarily on the merging of aesthetics and functionality in interface design, designing information architecture, and designing for a satisfactory user experience.
I will be encouraging you to work both individually and in groups during the semester on various projects, across various applications. However, the course remains focused upon understanding and the application of basic conceptual and design skills. I intend to provide these required skills to you, in informative, fun, and creative ways!
Please check out and use the links on the right column☞ for help and inspiration!
- Reading Assignment this weekend: UI Design Basics Visual Design, please put down your reading notes on your journal.
- Download: Exercise file
- Inputting footage from Ai & Ps
- AE interface
- Path editing
- Graph editor
- Loop gif
- Keywords for tutorials: after effects move on a path, bouncing ball, looping gif
- Create an animated type poster by the end of Wed class/Jan 15, you may post it on your Instagram and tag me @yvecao, or submit it in Exercise folder on TCUOnline.
- 2-3 app ideas/flow maps due on Mon/Jan 15, be ready to show 3-5 inspirational journal entries or apps on your phone
- One app final idea—Design brief due on Mon/ 01/20, be ready to discuss thumbnails and inspirations on your journal